Holy Week is this incredible time in the life of our church when we celebrate so many of the most formational moments for us as Christians. From egg hunts to services, to Easter breakfast, there has been much in the last few weeks to celebrate!
- The Easter Egg Hunt was a great night for us to gather at church with 65 students participating in the hunt, 32 servants, and over 130 total people here
- Over 800 invitations were delivered to mailboxes all over Brown Deer sharing about all these events, and were delivered by 8 different people
- Palm Sunday we set out a canvas where we capture our own struggles, sins, and place where our lives were not working as God designed, and set them before God as an act of prayer
- We heard a powerful message by Jonathan Owens on Maundy Thursday about Jesus command to love, and lit candles to remember and pray for those who have been excluded from experiencing that Love, and for us to prayerfully consider how we can love like Christ.
- Thursday and Friday our prayer ministry team created space for us to prayerfully reflect on the sacrifice made by Jesus on the cross for us
- Sunday morning, we had a wonderful Easter breakfast, followed by our Easter service with the Hallelujah chorus, a choir/band piece, and the transformation of the canvas by Jake Nordstrum. We were thrilled to welcome almost 150 people in our worship service that day, and to share about the Gospel message about God’s love and grace with them.
Here’s what I want to celebrate most: ALL OF YOU. All that I listed above was made possible because so many of you give of your time, your talent, your finances, and yourselves. The last two weeks have been filled with so many moments of joy for us (the staff) celebrating along with you in this special season. It is such a blessing to serve together. I leave with these words of encouragement from Hebrews 10:
24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Bill, Josh and Laura